Friday, April 04, 2008

alright!

today is my recital. it's all i can think about. i bought a pink table cloth and pink napkins and little plates and i'm having punch. my dress is pink. i'm going to sing with my very soul.

i am so excited i can barely keep it in. and it's not for almost 5 more hours!
i can't wait to sing. i can't wait for pink punch. i can't wait for hugs and flowers.

i hope i don't mess up my words.

i love love LOVE schumann. and hahn. and mozart. and barber. i'm so glad this career chose me, because this kind of singing, this kind of soul-bearing is exactly my cup of tea.
the only downside of tonight is that all the important men in my life are missing it (except my grandpa). my dad, my brother, my faux-bros, and my boyfriend are all MIA. oh well though, they can watch the video if they really feel the need. however, said men are hopefully all going to make it to my opera, and boyfriend and i have a date this sunday night, about which i am terribly excited.

now i must go, because there are cookies to think about and fingernails to paint. i might even lie down for a half hour. hooray!

life is exciting, can't you tell? [you're welcome for the update.]

1 comment:

Melissa Jeanne said...

now THAT was exciting.
thank you.