Wednesday, February 27, 2008

sledding!!!

omgosh. i have been sledding plenty of times, but tonight was by far the best. if you are in or around Rochester, i highly recommend Cobb’s Hill Park to you as an excellent sledding venue.

the best part was the following: someone had built a jump previously today, and, after much coaxing, i finally agreed to try to make it over the jump. i did, and flew what was an apparently impressive distance above the snow before realizing i would fall, and need to not do so on my face. i landed amicably on my shoulder.

the second run of the jump went like this: ‘anna, go down the jump again!’ ‘no, that hurts me. i don’t need to get broken!’ ‘please! but it would bring us so much enjoyment!’ [i’m not even making this up.] then salim lied down behind the jump, so i could fly over him evel kneivel style. i climbed back on my sled, soared down toward the jump, and, so worried that i would mess it up and completely squish poor salim, forgot to land properly, which knocked the wind quite out of me.

but it was freaking awesome.

[in the interest of not feeling like i plagiarized myself, i should say i also posted this in my tumblr.]

No comments: