Friday, February 15, 2008

long day

so it's been perhaps the longest day i've had in a long time, but it is nearly over! my audition went pretty well, so that's exciting. my "look at me!" moment of the day:
hours after my audition, steven needed to warm up with his accompanist, and i needed to hand in a form, and as i was leaving the office, a lady stopped me in the hallway [i later discovered this lady was the head of the voice department] and said "thank you for singing for us today! it was lovely!" and i, flabbergasted, managed a "thank you very much!" in reply. mind you, i was wearing my glasses [which i hadn't had on during my audition] and a completely different outfit and a coat, and she remembered me. [i hope she didn't think i was someone else :-P]
anyway, that was cool. we'll see what happens.

my goal in auditioning is just to know that i did the best i could have done, and i'm 2 for 2 in that regard. steven pointed out some things that i can work on, which i appreciated. it's been so good spending time with him and kind of 'talking shop' and rep and all that. he keeps saying things like, 'this is what your life will be like when you come to michigan,' and then i laugh, because, who knows? i can't wait til this is all over and i know where the heck i'm going!
but at the same time...it's kind of exciting.

No comments: