Saturday, December 22, 2007

post script - grad school update #1

i nearly forgot! i'm sure you remember my whining about getting all my grad school applications in on time. i did get them all in, and i'm still deciding whether or not i feel like it's worth it to apply to boston u, but i applied to the following: cincinnati [reach], michigan, temple, osu, curtis [loooong shot], and eastman [reach].

i've heard back from cincinnati, who does not want me, and michigan, who has cordially invited me to come audition and interview. i was pretty disappointed about not even getting an audition at cincinnati, but, as adrienne pointed out, that must not be where God wants me to be. it would have been fun to live rent-free at my dad's in a new city, but i will just keep looking. michigan could be promising because i had a lesson with one of the voice teachers there and she said she hoped i'd consider going there and studying with her. ann arbor seems ridiculously busy as most college-centered cities are, but i suppose i could handle it, though i'd rather be in a city that exists without the prodding of the university.

i'll say no more about it because i don't want to jinx it.

No comments: